By accepting the terms and liability you are agreeing to participate and receive communication, until such time unsubscribed, from Winterstart Events Ltd. and the Lake Louise Audi FIS Ski World Cup (collectively, the “Events”). Winterstart Events Ltd. is granted management rights by the Canadian Snowsports Association (collectively, the “Organizers”) to conduct the Events. The Organizers reserve the right to change, modify or cancel the Events, venues or dates at any time.
CANCELLATION & CHANGE TO COMMITMENT:
If I am unable to participate in Events or make changes to my commitment I agree to update my event registration and notify the Organizers by email as soon as possible.
QUALIFICATIONS, HEALTH & SAFETY
I confirm that I am of full age of eighteen years and am in good health and proper physical condition to participate in the Events. In response to COVID-19, SARS-CoV-2, and/or any coronavirus, influenza, ebola, avian bird flu, swine flu, legionnaire’s disease or any similar medical issue/distress I agree, if deemed necessary by Alberta Health Services, provincial or federal government directives and/or the Organizers:
- that if I begin to display symptoms of any kind I will advise the Chief of Media immediately and agree to follow all directions from designated health officials including any required isolation or quarantine instructions and that if I am travelling from outside of the designated district, regionally or internationally, that I will isolate for the approved length of time, if necessary, prior to arrival for my first day of work;
- that I will follow the directives of Alberta Health Services, provincial or federal government and/or the Organizers and assume full responsibility for any added costs that I could incur to ensure the health and safety of the Event, its volunteers, contractors, athletes, team officials, FIS officials, partners, suppliers, directors, agents and representatives.
PRIVACY CONSENT AGREEMENT:
I agree that the Organizers may collect, disclose and use my personal information for the purpose of facilitating my participation in the Events. I further agree the Organizers may use my image, likeness and testimonials for the promotion of the Events.
WAIVER OF LIABILITY:
THIS AGREEMENT WILL AFFECT YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS. READ IT CAREFULLY!
In consideration and agreeing to participate in the Events and/or to receive communication, the following waiver of all claims, release from all liability, assumption of all risks, agreement not to sue and other terms of this agreement are entered into by me for any and all events I register for and/or participate and/or receive communication, until such time unsubscribed, and for the benefit of the Organizers.
I waive any and all claims that I have or may in the future have against, and release from all liability and agree not to sue the Organizers, and their volunteers, contractors, athletes, team officials, FIS officials, partners, suppliers, directors, agents, representatives (collectively, the “Personnel”) for any personal injury, death, property damage or other loss that I sustain during or as a result of the Events due to any cause whatsoever on the part of any one or more of the Organizers, Personnel, or others including:
• negligence (the meaning of which includes failure to use such care as a reasonably prudent and careful person would use under similar circumstances and failure to meet standards of care in any activities forming part of the Events);
• breach of any contract; and
• mistakes or errors in judgment of any kind.
I am aware, assume and accept all the risks and dangers associated with the Events and the possibility of personal injury, death, property damage or other loss that may occur or arise during or as a result of the Events. I willingly accept these risks and agree to the terms of this agreement even if the Organizers or Personnel are found in law to be negligent or in breach of a duty of care or any other obligation to me in their conduct of the Events or any of the activities forming part thereof.
I agree and acknowledge that the Organizers are not responsible for the acts or omissions of any of the Personnel who participate in the Events and acknowledge that the Personnel may be subject to limited liability.
I agree that I have had sufficient time to read and understand what I am agreeing to in this agreement before accepting the terms and that it will be binding upon my heirs, next of kin, executors, administrators and successors.
I agree I am not relying on any other oral, written or visual statements of any kind by the Organizers or Personnel.
I agree that this agreement and the promises it contains will be governed in all respects by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the Province of Alberta and I hereby irrevocably attorn to the jurisdiction of the courts of the Province of Alberta.
*subject to change