POSTER DESIGN CONTEST 2020
Our 2020 poster design contest is NOW OPEN. This is an invitation for artists to submit their artwork for our official Men’s Event and Women’s Event posters. Two posters, two opportunities to share your artwork with the world.
We are looking for an original piece that represents the sport of downhill or super-G alpine skiing at Lake Louise Ski Resort in the majestic Canadian Rocky Mountains and Banff National Park! While at the same time capturing the iconic thrill of speed and perseverance. The poster design will be used to market the event on digital and printed material, such as our website, social media, accreditation, tickets, newsletters and more!
This is an international invitation – which means our winner could be from anywhere in the world. What better way to celebrate a global event than to include fans from everywhere! Original artwork will be sold at our 2020 Lake Louise Audi FIS Ski World Cup event, during the silent auction with proceeds to benefit Lake Louise Audi FIS Ski World Cup and ski racing in Canada.
Entries for either or both the men’s and women’s event posters can be made on-line. Contest will close June 30, 2020.
- Pieces must be a two-dimensional creative medium including drawing, painting, photography or mixed media.
- Artwork must be presented in a portrait or vertical submission.
- No logos, company brands, event dates or information to be included. Event information will be added to the poster including the event name and location by our creative agency.
- A maximum of two unique entries for each the men’s and women’s events are accepted per artist.
- Competition is open to artists six years of age and older. Parent or guardian permission is required for submissions from artists 17 years of age and younger.
- Submissions cannot have been previously commissioned or sold.
- Finalist submissions will be part of an online exhibit.
Copyright: Artists must hold the copyright. Pieces submitted must be of original concept and not a copy of anyone else’s material. Entries will be disqualified if they have any copyrighted images or elements. If the submission infringes upon another’s copyright it will be disqualified. Upon submitting to this competition, you are solely responsible for any infringement. The artist retains all copyrights to their artwork.
Non-exclusive permissions: By entering this competition, you are granting us a non-exclusive perpetual license to reproduce images of your artwork for the event poster and other digital and printed materials, including our website, social media, accreditation, tickets, newsletters and more for the purpose of marketing the event and sharing event information. Artwork will not be used for any other purpose than that which is stated here.
Original work: We reserve the right to request proof that your entry is your original artwork. Non-compliance to this rule will disqualify your entry. Winning artwork cannot be submitted or used fully or partially elsewhere, commercially or privately.
- Does the submitted artwork fit the theme of the Lake Louise Audi FIS Ski World Cup?
- Is there a creative interpretation of the Lake Louise Audi FIS Ski World Cup?
- Is the work unique and interesting?
- Is there overall quality and is the medium being used effectively?
- Does the work impact the viewer in relationship to the Lake Louise Audi FIS Ski World Cup?
- Does the work stand on its own as a complete and outstanding creative image?
The entries will be shortlisted by the Lake Louise Audi FIS Ski World Cup art jury and the winner will be chosen. The decision will be based on relevance, authenticity, creativity and innovation.
Winning artwork: The winner will be credited on the official poster, website and in a media release. An artist photo and biography will be requested. Original artwork will be sold at the Lake Louise Audi FIS Ski World Cup event, during the silent auction with proceeds split with the winning artist and Lake Louise Audi FIS Ski World Cup. Winning artwork will be shipped and framed at the cost of Winterstart Events Ltd.
Submission deadline: Artwork may be submitted up until midnight MST on May 15, 2020. No artwork will be accepted past the posted deadline. Winning artwork will be announced no later than May 30, 2020.
File sizes and formats: Images are best represented at 1920px on the lowest side and at a resolution of at least 150dpi. The acceptable file formats are jpg, gif, and png.
File specifications: Image size: 1754 × 2481 pixels – A3 (11.69” x 16.54” / 297mm x 420 mm) @ 150-ppi
Layout: portrait or vertical
Maximum file size: 2MB
Name your image: firstname_lastname_#1_2020.jpg
Step 1. Have your files saved and named as described in “file specifications” above and ready to upload before you start the submission process.
Step 2. Fill out the entry form and select the files you are submitting. The artist will receive a confirmation email when the submission is uploaded correctly.
If you encounter any issues or have a question please contact us at email@example.com.